Search This Blog

About This Blog

First off, welcome to our blog.
Who are we? We are volunteers.
We are volunteers that have left our everyday lives back home to travel to the northern coast of Honduras to care for these lost, abandoned, and homeless children.
We are volunteering through a fantastic organization called Helping Honduras Kids that has created many projects for children throughout Northern Honduras and has given us the chance to be a part of this great work.
Below you will find pictures, heart felt stories, and our experiences as we continue to live in an orphanage called the Hogar de Amor, in English translated into "Home of Love".

Meet Carolina

>> Friday, September 18, 2009

Meet Carolina:
How old are you? "I am 6"

What is your favorite color? "Pink"

What is your favorite sport? "Swimming, I hate soccer."

What is your favorite activity? "Drawing and Coloring"

What is your favorite song? "Estamos de Fiesta con Jesús"

What is your favorite movie? "All Princess Movies. Princesses are so pretty."

What is your favorite food? "Chicken with Rice"

Where is your favorite place to go swimming? "River: Because I used to live by it and it was beautiful."

What is your favorite animal? "A Sheep, I like the sound they make!"

One of Carolina's best talents is her ability to make anyone laugh. I could be having the worst day and she will come up to me, give me a huge hug and tell me she missed me and then proceed to make odd faces by moving her eyebrows in all directions. It is impossible to not fall in love with her corky personality almost instantly. I taught her last year in kinder and now I have her in first grade. I have found that she is awful at remembering sentences and names but make it into a song and she will be singing it by heart almost minutes later. She has two older sisters: Reina and Cherlin, and a younger sister Lourdes who just joined us at the Hogar a few months ago. Carolina has a special place in my heart for always making my days better.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Thanks for visiting our blog and remember to visit again! We will be posting weekly updates keeping you up to date on our new adventures with the kids! Thank you for all of your support!
---HHK Volunteers

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP